Thursday, December 4, 2008

Do People Do This Kind of Thing?

I've been trying to think of volunteer opportunities that I could take advantage of with the boy. I'm thinking about Meals on Wheels, but I'm not sure about putting a lot of car time into Thumper's schedule. I haven't contacted them yet to see what the parameters are, though. But with Thumper being so friendly and funny and a lover of people, it occurred to me that I should take him to a nursing home and see if he can't spread a few smiles around.

Any thoughts out there on whether this is a good or bad idea?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's a fantastic idea. Warm a few hearts with his smile.

Steven Tyler's PJs said...

Yes! To the old folks! My friend's son used to LOVE old people - she said he would try to follow them out of the bank, etc. They can always use some cheering and then maybe he won't be scared of him like all the rest of us seem to be! (Or is that just me showing my neuroses again?)

She Said said...

I think it is a great idea. I have been wanting to do something like this with my kids too. I'd like to adopt a Grandpa for them somehow. Keep us posted on what you decide!

Lisa L said...

Totally off topic, but just saw the weight loss! Again...congratulations mate! Awsomeness, given its the 'Holiday' season and all that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails