Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Finger Revisited

I broke my finger on December 8, and today was finally my last day of occupational therapy. I've learned that there's a difference between physical and occupational therapy, but please don't ask me to explain it. I'm amazed that a broken pinky has taken so much time and work to return to (nearly) mint condition. I say "nearly" because it's still a little stiff, sore, and weak, but if I work at it for a few minutes, I can bend it far enough to touch the tip of my pinky to my palm. That's pretty good since not long ago I called it "an intricately detailed wooden carving of a finger."

Thumper warmed up to the whole idea of going to the therapist 2 and 3 times a week, so much so that when I told him that today would be the last time we'd see Ms. Lisa, he said, "Don't say that!" It's been a long, strange three months, and the moral of the story is: don't break your bones.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails