Sunday, July 12, 2009

Staying Up Late Enough That I Don't Dream About Ushering

1. The Mrs. said it was too much white.

2. The boy and I have been very busy and having lots of fun, but I haven't blogged much because it's starting to seem like, eh, same old, same old. We did go to Joe McDermott this week:



And the boy danced like a maniac, and we both sweated like crazy:



We also went to Extreme Fun, where he flirted shamelessly with one of the moms. We took Mungo to the Austin Museum of Art. It wasn't the greatest place for him; taking an almost-two-year-old to a place with lots of cool stuff that he can't touch seems kind of mean, in retrospect. But the very touchable Family Lab, and the kids from a school or camp group of some kind that were there, kept him entertained for an hour.

But yeah. We went places. We did things. He's smart and funny and amazing and sociable and I'm proud of him. Blah blah blah.

3. Jamie Foxx did indeed start and finish on time tonight, for which I was grateful. I worked backstage security, checking credentials by the stairs that led up to the stage. I was within inches of both Mr. Foxx and Speedy, his warm-up act. Speedy has a thing for Red Bull, I guess. And I'm not sure why, but I'm always surprised when famous men are shorter than I.

4. I had two major breakthroughs on my "Publishing FileMaker databases on the web via PHP" project today. Hooray! I have to spend the next two days writing more kids furniture copy. Not so hooray.

So there you go. My thrill-a-minute life in four easy steps. Maybe now I can go to bed.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails