Monday, July 6, 2009

Year In Review

So last July 4, I was in a funk and decided to make some changes, dubbing it the Self-Improvement Project of 2008-2009. Since it's been a year, it's time to see how I've done.

Goal #1:
Exercise for 45 minutes per day, three days or more per week.


I'll call this one a success. Some time during the year, I upped my goal to 4 days per week, which I haven't been hitting regularly lately, but I'm definitely hitting the 3 days per week almost every week.

Goal #2:
Drink two days per week or less.


Hmm. Yeah. Well. Uh, moving on.

Goal #3:
Watch TV for two hours or less per day.


I'll call this one a success, too. Some days I go over, but I've lived up to the spirit, if not the letter, of the goal on this one.

Goal #4:
Finish one book every two weeks.


Again, spirit if not letter. I've been reading much more, and that's a good thing. I almost never actually finish in two weeks, though.

Goal #5:
Stop being snarky about other people.


Well, mixed results on this one. Some people are hard not to be snarky about, but I think I've generally become more of a positive person this year, and I like that. I'll keep trying.

Goals for the coming year:

I don't think I'll codify it quite so explicitly this time. I thought putting it right there on the sidebar would motivate me, but it didn't really. I still failed at the drinking and the weight loss even with it right out there for the world to see, and I eventually took them down anyway. This time I think I'll just keep trying and not beat myself up too badly. I lost 15 pounds, and then gained 10. Most, if not all, of that 15 was lost while I followed the Weight Watchers program. I keep telling myself as long as I'm exercising, I can eat and drink whatever I want, but that's clearly not the case. So I'm going back to Weight Watchers, and I'm going to stick with it longer this time, even though it's tedious. I'm going to stick with it longer and have faith that it will eventually become less tedious and more automatic. Thumper loves pools, and I hate taking my shirt off in public. I really only want one of those two things to change before next summer, so I best get crackin'...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails