Thursday, January 22, 2009

Cranky

I am enjoying a week of horrible, debilitating back pain. I can barely move. It's great. Perhaps not coincidentally, Thumper's going through a whiny, clingy period where he wants to be picked up and carried around a lot.

Hoisting him into and out of the car seat and laying him down in his crib are the worst. He's beginning to imitate the sounds I make. Would anybody like to buy me one of these? I'd appreciate it. And yesterday's afternoon of climbing, crawling, ducking, sliding, swinging, and yes, more hoisting at Zilker Park didn't improve things much, so would anybody like to come over and play with the boy while I sit as still as possible and moan and read a decreasingly pleasurable series of books?

You know, it's funny, but it turns out that pain does NOT actually increase my levels of patience and tolerance. So more yelling this week. I'm sorry, Thumper. If you do your best stop touching that, stop stealing that, stop throwing that, stop jumping on that, and stop loudly demanding that, I'll do my best to stop yelling those curse words at you.

5 comments:

tricia said...

Unfortunately the duties of the caregiver continue despite any problems(physical or emotional). But it does seem like the child becomes more demanding and needy during those difficult times. Hang in there and rest while you can.

Amy said...

Aw. If you lived in town I'd babysit.

She Said said...

Bummer! I'm so sorry. I swear kids know when you need space because that's when they won't give it to you.

Oh, and I have a sneaking suspicion I know what the decreasingly pleasurable series of books is. Oops.

suttonhoo said...

ouch ouch ouch.

heal up. be well.

and, if you're fielding unsolicited medical advice: find yourself a qualified osteopath or cranial sacral therapist. you'll be amazed. (but be sure to find someone highly recommended by others -- that's the only way to know for sure that they've got the mojo.)

I, Rodius said...

tricia: thanks, I am.

Amy: if you lived in town, I'd probably let you!

She Said: It's an interesting series. It's sparked much thought and conversation. But I'm ready for it to be over now.

suttonhoo: thanks, I'll take it under advisement. Because it doesn't require any additional outlay of funds, I'm currently letting Rodney Yee work on it, about 10 minutes at a time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails