Friday, June 8, 2007

Boys Will Be Boys

At dinner last night, Mrs. Rodius said that Thumper must be sitting on her sciatic nerve, because she was getting a buzzing and burning sensation. She leaned a little to her left in her chair and said she was "relieving the pressure." I said it looked like she was letting one rip.

She was so genuinely shocked that I could suggest such a thing, I almost felt bad for saying it. If you never make a single joke in fifteen years about your wife farting in public, she really starts to develop a false sense of security.

4 comments:

anniemcq said...

This is hysterical! My husband and I have, from very early on in our lives together, been quite open about such things. Unfortunately, my six year old son now lives to out-toot us, and succeeds pretty well, I might add.
Be careful which doors you open, sir!

mrsf5 said...

Fifteen years together, and not one reference to personal flatulence? I am impressed. And a smidge envious of Mrs. Rodius, who would be outright APPALLED at the conversation 'round the F5 dinner table.

I, Rodius said...

I imagine the body-function humor quotient in our house will increase significantly about 3 or 4 years after Thumper is born.

mrsf5 said...

Sorry, Mrs. R. Prepare yourself accordingly.

Related Posts with Thumbnails