Friday, October 12, 2007

Meet the New Me

There's something awkward about meeting the person who's replacing me. She seems nice enough, but over the next few months, she's going to be working at distinguishing herself from me. She'll get sick of hearing my name, or seeing my initials scribbled on documents. She'll snort derisively when she sees that I filed that document here, and not there. She'll notice every one of my typos and mistakes. She'll get a new desk because mine doesn't fit right, and besides, it's filthy. And that chair; don't get me started on that chair. For God's sake, why would he take the arms off of it, and what exactly is that stain anyway?

Well, good luck to her. She's started off right; she brought food. If you feed these people, they'll never get rid of you.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails