Saturday, February 21, 2009

Happy

I was at work at 7:00 a.m. today, and I got home at 11:30 p.m. I was on TV. If you squinted way into the background when the chick was making her attempt at the half-court shot for $17K (which she missed), you may have been able to see me. I ran up and down stairs and hassled children and college students who insisted on standing and/or jumping on flimsy folding chairs during a live TV broadcast that encourages otherwise reasonable folk to stand in the background and scream and generally makes asses of themselves. Then later in the day, I ran up and down stairs, seated people, and enjoyed their enjoyment of a last-minute upset of a despised rival, a rival that, it could be said, stole the national championship out from under them in another sport. It was a pretty good day. I worked and worked, and while I was running from men's room to men's room trying to determine whether the drunk patron who had gone to wash the dried blood off his face had passed out in a puddle of his own, or someone else's, urine, it just struck home with sudden intensity that I really enjoy ushering. It makes me tired, and my legs and feet are sore, but man, if you look at it from the right perspective, it's just a kick.

So I was already in a pretty good mood, but as I drove home listening to Hypersonic Radio, an unidentified song came on and lifted my spirits even higher. With the twin miracles of Google and YouTube, and just because it makes me happy, I give you Daft Punk, remixed by Adam Freeland:

2 comments:

She Said said...

That kicks ass! I have several Daft Punk CDs from many years ago, but I haven't kept up with them at all. Thank you for sharing! Loved it!

suttonhoo said...

what that is »

dig it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails