Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I Quit

I'm officially resigned now. The earth did not quake, the walls did not tumble. There was absolutely no brimstone involved at all. I'm kind of disappointed.

I will be working in the same building in a different capacity, though, strictly on a part-time intermittent basis. And the IT Manager said that he would call me back to consult, because he don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' no databases. But otherwise, after 5:30 p.m. on October 12, 2007, I will finally be a stay-at-home dad, or as the Business Manager here describes it, a kept man.

4 comments:

anniemcq said...

Congrats, SAHD!

anne said...

Ditto - you are the envy of many parents who work full-time outside their homes!

Luckily you have work experience in a profession that will allow you to have a flexible work schedule...And not just flex at the beginning or end of a weekday (which I have, and for which I am very grateful), but for a work -life, which is so much better.

suttonhoo said...

congrats, rodius. so cool.

I, Rodius said...

Thanks! Soon, I shall be the Marquis de SAHD.

And luckily I'm married to the most capable woman in the world, who has a career she finds fulfilling and that has a potential for long-term growth.

Related Posts with Thumbnails