Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Milestone

Kicked the kid out into his own room today, so Mrs. Rodius could get some sleep without Grunty waking her up every minute and a half. Broke out the baby monitor from the closet, too. He got mad after about 5 minutes when he woke and realized he was not on one of his favorite mattresses (my chest or that of Mrs. Rodius), but I picked him up, walked him around on my shoulder until he fell asleep again, and put him back in bed. It's been about half an hour now. We will win. He will not. Though it might help if we got some light-blocking curtains.

Uh oh, I think he's figured out he's alone again. He hates that.

2 comments:

PureLight said...

Stay strong! Children can and do learn to sleep in their own beds, eventually, most of the time. It is indeed a milestone. Enjoy the sanctuary of your own bedroom space, elder Rodiuses!

anniemcq said...

I know how strong the sleep need is, and I'm so glad you're getting there. But can I just be a jerk for a second and say that there will come a time when he isn't little enough to snuggle on your chest?

Related Posts with Thumbnails