Wednesday, June 11, 2008

All the World's a Bidet

Guest Blog Entry from Mrs. Rodius...

Thumper is trying so hard these days to communicate. He says Mama and Dada and Ba (which means ball, balloon, bottle and sometimes more, eat or please). He says Chuh, which is cheese, and very close to juice as well. For a while, both cats, the light and ceiling fan chain switches in his room and practically everything that wasn't Mama, Dada or Ba was Puh. Tonight, he pointed here, there and everywhere, exclaiming Buh-day!

Maybe that doesn't qualify as a juggling or balancing metaphor, but Thumper's working on his verbal skills and has to use his repertoire selectively.

I don't think I would have done well as a female in the 1930s. I am a much better 1930s husband than wife. Husband:

102

As a 1930s husband, I am
Very Superior

Take the test!



Wife:

38

As a 1930s wife, I am
Poor

Take the test!



My day as a 2008 wife today:

5:30am - dragged self out of bed, did not work out like yesterday, another in a series of poor sleep nights

get ready for work, leave for work, work speeds by in a blur

4:08pm - leave work early to let the hubby have a night with other SAHDs

play with Thumper, feed Thumper, play with Thumper some more (we had a great time!), get Thumper to bed, call pregnant sister who wasn't feeling well today, fire up computer and work on work stuff

9:30pm - eat a Weight Watchers "Just 2 Points" chocolate bar, keep working

10:something - brain shuts down and hubby just got home, check hubby's blog and decide to reply to post

Almost 11:30pm - what the @#!$%!! am I still doing up?? I am still behind on some deadlines and should be in bed!

Love the Man and Thumper, but wish I could teleport a few months into the future where I dream that life will go back to some kind of regular routine.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails