Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Too Long for Twitter

Somehow I thought SPF50 sunblock (UVA AND UVB!) would keep the boy as lily-white as his Mama. Turns out two or three hours a week at the pool or the water playscape is cooking him into a lovely nut-brown color. He's got Coppertone white-butt tan lines! For some reason that tickles me.

What Life's Like in Mrs. Rodius' World (or Yet Another Reason Why I'm Glad I'm not a Woman): shampoos must be rotated. Apparently, every shampoo leaves behind a residue that slowly builds up. No, a shampoo cannot wash out its own residue, or it wouldn't be leaving one in the first place. Duh! But oddly enough, each shampoo can wash out other shampoos' residues. So you gotta rotate the stock, baby! Man, it's complicated being a woman.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, when you put it like that, it sounds ridiculous. There's some reasoning behind it. Or, maybe I'm not entirely immune to the onslaught of influence from advertising and grocery-line-wait-killing-half-read articles on how to look your best and chatter with more girly girls. The undisputed facts are 1) my tresses behave differently with different shampoos and 2) Texas summer is hell on naturally curly hair. Maybe it's just time for a trim...

anniemcq said...

giggle.

I think there's supposed to be some rinse you can do with diluted vinegar to take care of the residue, too, but then you walk around smelling like a hard boiled egg.

Anonymous said...

I've actually done the vinegar thing before and the smell really does hang around for a few days. Surely Paul Mitchell wouldn't lie to me about the effects of his clarifying shampoo?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails