Wednesday, July 25, 2007

He's Just a Simple Caveman

And by that I am referencing Phil Hartman SNL skits and not Geico commercials. Does that make me old?

The simple caveman to which I refer is, of course, young Thumperino. He's just a simple caveman. He doesn't understand our fancy, modern way of life.

He says, "I want cranberry juice!" I just went to the grocery store yesterday, and nobody said anything about wanting cranberry juice. Thus there is no cranberry juice in the refrigerator today. I try to explain this to him. He says, "Cranberry juice!"

He has also done the same thing with meatballs. And chocolate. Granted, the chocolate thing was my fault. There's almost always chocolate in stock. He had every reason to believe it would be readily available. He's my boy, after all, and I live by the motto, "If it ain't chocolate, it ain't dessert." I'm afraid I let him down on the chocolate thing.

But meatballs? When was the last time we had meatballs in our freezer, just waiting for their chance to get called up to the Big Show? The only reason he knows he likes meatballs is because his Aunty T gave him some at the baby shower. We haven't had meatballs at our house since Hector was a pup! I mean, I'm happy to get the boy meatballs, but it would be helpful if he could, you know, make a list in advance or something. Let me know on shopping day. I tried to tell him that. He said, "Meatballs, please!" Sometimes he says please.

4 comments:

anniemcq said...

Trader Joe's makes some awesome Turkey Meatballs. They're flavored perfectly, without too much filling. Yumm. I'm hungry now.

Twisted Branches said...

Jeez Rodius, now I'm hungry. And I just ate lunch.

I'm gonna gain 10lbs. just reading your blog.

I, Rodius said...

He also likes Greek salads from Tino's. This may be his in with Puck, as Puck quite likes the chicken off those salads as well. I don't think Puck's going to be too fund of the Thump-Thump at first, but maybe he'll start to appreciate their overlapping food tastes once the scraps start piling up under the high chair.

I, Rodius said...

Ha! "Fund" instead of "fond." I guess my subconcious really is thinking about money.

Related Posts with Thumbnails