Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Wow, That's a Lot of Stuff

Mrs. Rodius' sisters threw a baby shower Saturday. Mrs. Rodius shed a few tears that day, and I think every day since, thinking about the generosity of our friends and family. Indeed, it is a giant pile o' stuff. And her co-workers are throwing another shower for her next week. And this weekend, I'm driving to Houston to pick up the crib, dresser, and changing table Mrs. Rodius' brother and his wife are kindly giving to us now that their youngest has graduated to the "big boy bed." It's gratifying to know that Thumper already has developed such a large entourage of groupies and admirers, and he hasn't even arrived yet. I think we may have to move the kid into the master bedroom and move ourselves into the nursery, just so he has enough room for his stuff.

I am looking forward to blogging about our use of all of these items, and posting pictures of Thumper in every one of those outfits, particularly the hat with the panda ears that my mother gave us. I even welled up a bit myself looking at the Snugli and thinking about all those days upcoming when I'll get to walk all over the greater Austin metropolitan area with the boy strapped to my chest. I'm even looking forward to sucking snot out of his nose, and putting the Butt Paste to use.

So thank you all so much, and I'm sorry I ever called you a cheap bastard.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got some great stuff!

I steadfastly refused to register for my baby shower.

PureLight said...

I looked for the picture of the excellent panda hat, but alas . . . then I came to the understanding that it will be an even better picture when the hat contains Thumper's actual head. Love to all the Rodiuses, human and feline, born and unborn.

Mommy Mo said...

I subscribe to the "butt paste" club. I love this baby product and give it as a gift all the time. That, and good ole air, will save your baby's bum time after time after time. Congrats on all the loot- kinda makes you feel not worthy, doesn't it?!

When is Mrs. Rodius due?

I, Rodius said...

mm, I wasn't keen on the registering, but at least one senior family member made it clear that this was not an option for us.

pl, I can try to get a picture of the panda ears on Puck if you can't wait for Thumper's head to emerge, but it'll probably just be a blurred picture of his back end exiting the frame.

lisa, thanks, it does make me feel not worthy. I didn't know we even knew that many people. I've heard good things about Butt Paste, and I'm also looking forward to trying anniemcq's suggested Gripewater. We got a sample of it when we shopped at Special Addition. Mrs. R is due 8/16.

Related Posts with Thumbnails