Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Thanks for All Your Thoughts; Now Here's a Baby Update

Thanks for all your input. I think I won't exactly tell the BFF to piss off, but I'll just wait and watch it fade away after I tell him thanks but no thanks on the Forum in January. I don't think he's long for Austin, anyway. He's bought property in Costa Rica which will sustain him when the End Times come (i.e., when the oil runs out and the U.S. starts looking like location shots of The Road Warrior or, alternatively, we all start having to learn Chinese. Or when the Killer Plague comes. You know, six one, half dozen t'other).

In other news, Thumper is continuing his southern migration. This morning, the doctor could feel his head, but used some B word that apparently means he's not fully engaged yet. The cervix is softening, but not effacing or dilating yet. By poking, squeezing, and making faces, she estimated him at about 7 1/2 lbs. It'll be 37 weeks in two days; after that she'd be happy to see him come any time.

When Mrs. Rodius asked if a pedicure with leg and foot massage would be OK this weekend, the doctor said, "Oh yeah. You're ready. When women start worrying about their toes, they're ready." But is Thumper ready? He hasn't said if he's started worrying about his toes yet.

5 comments:

PureLight said...

Thumper seems to know exactly what his responsibilities are and is executing them admirably. Come on down, Thumper! I'll get a pedicure too this weekend if you think it will help.

From yo'grandmama

Anonymous said...

Will we get to see pictures of Thumper on the blog when he arrives?

I would love Thumper to come soon so maybe, just maybe, he will be old enough to come with his mom and dad to our housewarming party next month. Or at least, let dad off the hook to come if mom isn't up to it. :)

anniemcq said...

That foot massage (especially with the pressure point right above the ankle that really hurts when you press it) will start the process. I promise.

Yay Thumper! I can't wait to (virtually) meet you!

I, Rodius said...

I'm thinking I'm going to keep the anonymity levels fairly high here, so I probably won't be photo-blogging to the degree I originally intended. But I think a newborn photo or two of the Thumpster will certainly be called for. In his Jamaal Charles onesie. I'll keep a separate account with Snapfish or Flickr for personal photos to email to friends and family.

Yay, housewarming party!

I've heard that about the foot massage before. I'm curious to see if it works, or if it's one of them there urban legends.

Twisted Branches said...

Well Rodius, Thumper's gonna be damn impressed with Momma's toes on his way, ummmm, down. :)
Don't blame you for keeping a bit anonymous. With each pic I post, I get a bit nervous.
But I'd sure like to see, possibly, an artists rendering of Thumper...ya know...like stick people or something similiar. LOL
Great news and thanks for the update. I still say he'll be a rebel a surprise the heck out of ya with his timing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails