Friday, July 20, 2007

What Was the Deal With That Sex and Death Thing, Anyway?

Yeah, maybe it was kinda out there for this forum. I started this blog because I'd been reading a lot of blogs, and it seemed like a good way to motivate myself to write more, meet some good people, and, well, ok, have some total strangers tell me how clever and funny I am.

So then PureLight posted something she'd written awhile back, and I thought, "I should post an old story of mine, too." And then a friend was a little more open in an email than I expected her to be, and then anniemcq went and told the internet a little something personal. So I thought, wow, Internet, our relationship is really starting to evolve. Maybe it's time to let it all hang out!

So anyway, it's a piece of fiction I wrote a couple of years ago and failed to sell to a couple of different magazines. I figured putting it out in the world might give me more motivation to write more. I haven't written fiction like I used to in a long time. But just so I don't start creeping you out, yes, it is fiction. No, I did not start writing to death row inmates. I don't own any dirty DVD's that I can leave in the DVD player. Mrs. Rodius and I are in a wonderful place in our marriage. Please do not feel obligated to call Child Protective Services on me to take custody of Thumper after he's born.

Please don't think too hard about what may or may not be true in that story, otherwise we'll have to avoid eye contact in the hallways and elevators of the Internet and pretend this never happened.

So, uh... How 'bout them Longhorns?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Rodius. Don't worry. It takes more than that to scare away Anniemcq and myself (we have some get-your-freak-on skeletons in our closets).

Besides, I once made sex my New Year's Resolution. Don't believe me? It's blogged for posterity:

http://morethanaminivanmom.blogspot.com/2006/01/new-years-resolutions.html

I knew it was fiction. As for what inspired that fiction...well, I'm going to just smile and nod and say "Creative! Very very CREATIVE!"

:)

I, Rodius said...

So are you still a well-balanced vegan?

anniemcq said...

I figured it was fiction by the "fiction" tag there at the bottom. But it was creative, and um, male.

Love ya, ya freak.

Anonymous said...

Alas, I was not so successful at any of those New Year's Resolutions.

Related Posts with Thumbnails