Monday, November 5, 2007

At the Moment

Somehow it took me a few days to notice that anniemcq tagged me. Where've I been? I don't know. Anyway, I'm glad she did, because Day 5, and I got nothin' to say.

Wearing: Shorts and a two-year-old free T-shirt from my previous employer, with a hole in it, but no baby vomit. Previous shirt o' the day was flooded with baby vomit about 6pm, which was actually a pretty good run, all things considered.
Hair: short, thinning, graying, and unwashed since Saturday. No baby vomit, though
Makeup: Uh, no
Last thing said: "I guess I'll go blog. I've got nothing to say, but I guess I'll go blog."
Last phone call: to the support line of the stupid, invasive, and utterly insulting wellness program for Mrs. Rodius' health insurance, because I couldn't log in to report my exercise and diet points for the month so far. But it's going to save us a couple hundred dollars a month, so rah rah wellness program, stupid, invasive, and insulting as it may be.
In your bag: diaper, blanket, onesie, socks, butt wipes, changing pad, hand wipes, pacifier, Ziploc bag, sample-size baby powder and lotion, baby sunblock
Plans for today tomorrow: walk, shower, dishes, laundry, and if the boy allows, maybe renew my Craigslist ad for audio transcription and try to come up with something interesting to blog about
Last thing bought: Groceries, but really I have to mention the $2 blazer at Thriftland. Have I told you about my $2 blazer? I got a blazer at Thriftland, and it only cost me $2! Seriously, $2!
Listening to: "The Hellbound Heart" by Clive Barker
Last showered: Saturday morning (although miraculously, I did shave both Sunday and today)
Looking forward to: Thanksgiving at Biggest Brother's house, with a large, but not complete, contingent of family
Worst part of the day: The screaming. Thumper woke from a too-brief nap just as I was elbow-deep in a food prep project, and he had no patience for me to finish. Then he was not happy to be back in the car this afternoon to go pick up Mama, because her car's at the body shop after she got rear-ended. He was doubly unhappy to be stuck in traffic on the way home again. Oh, the screaming.
Favorite person of the day: Mrs. Rodius, who took possession of the boy for the evening, including a bath. Ahhhh...
Thinking about: I'm not working enough hours to make enough money and the audio transcription work's dried up and I haven't made a web page to advertise yet and the database consulting work that was supposed to be coming isn't and I don't want to get a part-time job waiting tables or delivering pizza because that's going to be a lot of weeknight hours I'll have to work and I'll always be running and never get to spend any time with Mrs. Rodius but I really need to figure out how to make more money why can't we win the lottery oh yeah because we never play
Current annoyance: stupid, invasive, and annoying wellness program that's going to save us a couple hundred dollars a month in health insurance premiums
Current obsession: getting the boy to grasp an object. He's now pointing his fist at me and other objects, but he is not opening and closing his fingers in a deliberate manner. Soon, though, Parker the Penguin shall feel his crushing clench and shall be dragged into the gaping maw
Feeling: like a crappy Daddy for getting frustrated with the screaming

1 comment:

anniemcq said...

Hi Rodius - sorry you're feeling anxious about the money stuff. I know how it sucks. But please - you are a great dad. Every parent gets impatient with the screaming. I remember telling Joe-Henry to stop being such a baby, and quit crying. Hang in there!

Related Posts with Thumbnails