Monday, November 19, 2007

Guest Bloggin'

Mrs. Rodius here. The Man said "Go blog for me, would ya? I got nothin' to say." So here I am. I don't know that I have much to say either, but my Darling does a lot to help me get through my days, so I figure I can return the favor.

I'm probably coming down with a cold. That's what's on my mind tonight. And breastfeeding. I have rifled through the medicine cabinet and found nothing I can take because I'm breastfeeding. There are things I can take, but I don't have any of them here. I'll have to fetch something tomorrow. But I get weary from the amount of time and energy I expend pumping milk and thinking about pumping and worrying about what I eat and worrying about not pumping enough and, and...

It's all worth it to see how well little Thumper is doing (though now I'm worried that he will get this cold) and how big he grows and grows. I'm hoping he has his Momma's constitution. I'm usually really good at staving off illness. I firmly believe that a huge part of it is that I refuse to be sick. So, I'm hoping the little guy takes after me in that regard. I'm optmistic that I'll suffer a few days of annoying pre-cold symptoms and this will pass without incident.

But, back to my annoyance. Some germ has come along and is trying to make little Thumper sick, interfere with our plans for a nice holiday, and complicate my busy work load. Who can I blame? I'll be sure to watch for suspects at work tomorrow. I've already been reviewing the candidates with the hubby tonight. There are several people at work whom I know to not wash their hands after using the bathroom. I'm not a germaphobe, but this is an unforgiveable sin. If you don't have the mind to wash your hands after using the restroom, just how likely are you to wash your hands before making a batch of brownies to share with the office? You can bet I won't be trying any of those...

Most recently, I've noted that a co-worker and former EMT only pretends to wash her hands after using the facilities, rinsing her hands under the water for less than 2 seconds and using NO soap. This, from the lady who was prattling on and on today about how she is constantly using the Company provided anti-bacterial wipes to clean up the coffee area and her desk. Harumph!

Off my soapbox now and hoping I've filled in sufficiently for The Man who is tired and needs a break tonight. One last thought, though... There is nothing sweeter than that first-of-the-morning-so-glad-to-see-you or just-got-home-and-haven't-seen-you-all-day toothless, beaming grin of little Thumper.

3 comments:

Steven Tyler's PJs said...

Go you! Hopefully the little man won't pick up the cold - hope it passes quickly for you too! The brownies/hand-washing story is the grossest thing I have thought of all day. Ew.

anniemcq said...

Having caught a whopper of a cold, I feel for you. I did my best optimistic "I am not catching YOU!" war chant, but it did no good. Of course, there are no germs like Disneyland and Airplane germs, so there you go. And working in an elementary school.

I must say - an EMT who doesn't wash hands? Isn't that a fireable offense? Yikes.

Hope you all have a great, happy, HEALTHY Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Anniemcq: It should be a fireable offense, but she's not an EMT anymore. She used to do that. We work together in an office environment. Although, the Company is huge on safety and has a whole team dedicated to preventing a pandemic flu outbreak at the Company, thus the anti-bacterial wipes everywhere and automatic doors, toilets, soap and water and papertowels in the restrooms. You really don't have to touch a thing in there! She should use soap, though. Yuk!

Related Posts with Thumbnails